Specialist Business Analyst (JP8233)
Thousand Oaks, CA. (Onsite and remote)
6+ months (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Specialist Business Analyst
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Client is seeking a Specialist Information Systems (IS) Business Systems Analyst who will be based onsite at its corporate campus in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Analyst will be a results-oriented member of Quality, Operations Information Systems (OIS) - Lab Systems team and will support a project to modernize the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) used by Quality Control.
The analyst will act as an intermediary between the business and the technical communities working with IS project teams, external suppliers and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed.
Specific Responsibilities are:
- Gain deep understanding of the business processes, supported systems and related data objects.
- Analyze documents and test program development, logic, process flows, specifications and reports.
- Partner with Business partners to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Prepare for and ensure that documentation stands up to audits and inspections, provides further vital documentation.
- Use the combination of prior experience, cross system assessments, feasibility analysis, problem solution skills, and client engagement skills to help drive the business towards quality solutions via partnering and understanding business needs and requirements.
- Manage multiple initiatives, priorities and take accountability for assigned work.
- Align processes and deliver results in an environment consisting of diverse global and matrixed partners.
- Actively engage business users to analyze business needs, elicit, refine and document business and solution requirements and recommend design to meet efficiency, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Craft business process analysis artifacts, including use cases, user stories, process flows, project schedules, documentation (as required).
- Collaborate in all facets of testing (e.g. Unit testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, System testing, Usability testing, User acceptance testing (partner with the Business), Regression testing, Beta testing.
- Provide critical thinking and strategic discernment to resolve significant technical challenges.
- Work with and or adapt to multiple project methodologies (e.g. Agile, Rational, Waterfall).
- Oversee vendors and contractors providing guidance as necessary to ensure delivery of commitments.
- Lead medium to large, multi-functional project teams/workstreams and facilitate meetings as well as team presentations for senior management.
- Conduct post-implementation assessment of projects to assure business requirements have been met.
- Preferred Qualifications
- BS Degree in computer science
Why is the Position Open?
- 5 years of experience functioning as a Business Analyst who is highly analytical with attention to detail.
- Proven understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate with Business users in non-technical language.
- Understanding of and ability to participate in executing an AGILE methodology.
- Phenomenal teammate that can work with multi-functional teams, establish peer relationships, advising, understanding and appreciating differences.
- Ability to follow to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), methodologies and policies.
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulated environment.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and is collaborative.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set the context and present on complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
- 3+ years as a Business Analyst supporting a global LIMS deployment.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Primary skill within the BA role would be experience with the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The candidate understands the lifecycle of implementing a new application.
- Requirements elicitation and design - The candidate should be skilled at working with clients to identify requirements, especially hidden ones. The candidate should also be experienced with writing clear, concise requirements that are testable. Lastly, the candidate should know what good system design is and be able to review a design specification against the requirements to ensure nothing is missing.
- Oral and written experience (i.e. leading meetings, working with clients and technical team members, familiar with requirements, design, system specifications)
- Preference for SampleManager experience
The candidate will be involved primarily on the LIMS Modernization Project and will be working cross functionality with technical team members who will be doing development, business clients who will be testing builds and providing feedback. The candidate will be leading meetings to ensure client feedback during testing is received and addressed by the development teams. Lastly, the candidate will be overseeing the work of other contract BAs to ensure the work is delivered right first time with quality.
Employee Value Proposition:
This project tackles brining the team up to speed with current technology. A person in this role will help standardize processes.
- Prior experience is primarily based on one BA skillset (i.e. only writing documentation, only developing scripts, etc.) (the goal is a background in many aspects of the BA role).
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation challenged resume.
- Vagueness when asked about the scope of their past employers and the scope of their job.
- No resent college graduates.
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.