: Sourcing Excellence Manager Global Strategic Sourcing -(JP8334)
Tampa Florida 33607
: 6 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Travel: Less than 10%, domestic travel may be possible
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Sourcing Excellence Manager for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
The client is searching for a Sourcing Excellence Manager who will be responsible for helping execute the sourcing processes across a variety of categories as part of the Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) department. The Manager will report to the Senior Manager Sourcing Excellence and will work out of the client Capability Center located in Tampa, Florida.
At the client, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies.
The client is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
The client focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, the client has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Sourcing Excellence Manager will provide support to a variety of categories based on the strategic demands of procurement stakeholders/customers.
- To help execute and implement the sourcing and purchasing needs of the client’s US based spend across all the above categories within the G&A corporate functions.
- To execute sourcing (eRFX) for the Global (GCM) Category Management Teams.
- To be a Procurement Process and Systems expert ensuring compliance with all relevant sourcing policies and procedures.
- To be a Contracting expert, leading contracting activities, managing ongoing contract management needs (for Strategic and Supply Constrained Categories) and to be accountable for hand-off to Contract-to-Pay teams.
- Executing Global/Regional Sourcing Strategies.
Work is guided by operational and project related objectives defined by GCM/RCM:
- Implement global/regional sourcing strategies across US markets.
- Document (in Ariba) and guide sourcing execution through to implementation
- Communicate to GCM/RCM local and regional requirements impacting category strategies.
- Support supplier analysis and market intelligence activities
- Manage Request for Proposal and Quotation processes (eRFX)
- Ensure sourcing tactics drive value in specific functional business environments, including legal & regulatory context.
- Develop, maintain, and implement preferred supplier lists.
- Implement supplier improvement programs within key supplier relationships.
- Implements new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
Delivering Value for Customers:
- Understands business goals and customer needs to implement opportunities while providing training and guidance.
- Partners with colleagues in Finance and all other Function Heads as appropriate.
- Supports / Manages delivery and validation of savings for Global Category Managers.
- Anticipates and prevents potential problems through root cause analysis
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Ensure the client’s procurement policies are followed, ensuring that compliance metrics are met or exceeded, supported through preferred supplier contracts.
- Inform stakeholders on the client’s sourcing policies and procedures, providing support and corrective actions where required.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions and escalation of any non-compliant requisitions to the appropriate Global or Regional Category Manager.
- Lead and implement contracting with new suppliers.
- Support ongoing contract management (incl. renewing and renegotiating existing and expiring contracts)
- Doctorate degree OR
- Master’s degree and 2 years of Sourcing, Contracting and/or, Project Management experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Sourcing, Contracting, and/or Project Management experience OR
- Associate degree and 10 years of Sourcing, Contracting, and/or Project Management experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Sourcing, Contracting, and/or Project Management experience
- Business or engineering degree preferred
- Preferred Pharma/Bio experience but not required
- Has solid understanding of sourcing processes (tendering, supplier negotiations and contracting) across multiple countries, across multiple spend categories
- Competent in Project Management and independently develops practical solutions (Planning, prioritizing and delivery), with experience in leading project teams across geographic and functional reporting lines
- Ability to provide thought leadership to customers and actively shape customer’s overall strategy while understanding business goals
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, virtual team development, etc.) resulting in relationship building and development
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work with minimal direction, ensuring quality of tasks / service provided by self and other
- Experience using e-procurement tools such as Ariba
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations using different information sources in order to draw and present analytic insights
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Fluent business English, written and oral
- Strategic sourcing, supplier negotiations and contracting experience.
- e-Procurement experience (Ariba, SAP, Scout, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication & team-building skills.
Conducting the RFP process with suppliers utilizing our e-Procurement systems, including coordinating with business partners on scope / statement of requirements, conducting RFP events, consolidation and analysis of proposals, presentation to business partners, participation in supplier selection, and negotiating contracts with suppliers.
Employee Value Proposition:
An opportunity to get into Biotech with the client in a critical area (R&D)
- No contracting experience.
- No experience with e-Procurement systems.
- Large gaps in employment history.
- Poor verbal communication skills
Likely 1 initial phone-screen with Bryan Kruse - hiring manager), and then a few (2 - 3) phone/web-ex interviews with people from team.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.