: Associate Scientist (JP8418)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Associate Scientist
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- CW will be considered an essential/on-site staff member and will be asked to come on site 5 days/week.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assist in our high-throughput experimentation (HTE) group and to support synthetics process development in Thousand Oaks, CA.
- The candidate will work closely with our process chemists/chemical engineers to conduct high-throughput experiments and to assist with analytical data processing for high-throughput experiments.
- In addition to high-throughput support, the position will support the execution of pressurized reactions reactors ranging from 0.0-5 mL to 5 L scales.
Support High-Throughput Experimentation in Synthetics Process Development: Collaborate with process chemists/chemical engineers to execute and analyze high-throughput parallel experimentation (HTE) studies for the following:
- Reaction screening/optimization for chemical reactions (catalysis, biocatalysis, and non-catalytic transformations)
- Pressurized hydrogenation and carbonylation reactions
- Organic solvent extraction studies
- Metal scavenger/ remediation screenings
- Solubility studies of drug substance intermediates
- Crystallization studies of drug substances intermediates
- Use various automation and analytical software/hardware to support THE
- Maintain good laboratory documentation practices
- Coordinate with third-party vendors and our laboratory asset management service (LAMP) for preventative maintenance, calibration, and repair service of equipment and instruments.
- Initiate work orders when necessary to assist with set-up of new equipment and/or remove obsolete/life-cycled equipment.
- Clean/decontaminate equipment and hood surfaces contaminated with hazardous materials.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and order replacement or add-on parts/accessories as needed.
- Contact third-party vendors for information and quotes.
- Evaluate and document performance and reliability of lab equipment.
- Manage solid and liquid waste within synthetic laboratories per guidelines.
- Handle incoming/outgoing shipments of tools, ancillary processing equipment and consumables and chemicals to remote client sites.
- Maintain good laboratory housekeeping and adhere to established organizational principles
Chemical Library Maintenance:
- Order and organize laboratory reagents and consumables to support high throughput experimentation.
- Ensure chemical library maintenance and re-order chemicals as needed.
- Maintain and update list of chemical inventories and ensure that the chemical and reagent inventory system (CRIS) is up to date.
- Master’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering - must have lab experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering and 2 years’ experience in laboratory or manufacturing setting (academia or industry).
- Strong scientific aptitude; attention to detail; technical problem-solving skills; and ability to multi-task
- Trained in basic laboratory safety.
- Academic and/or industrial experience working in a organic chemistry or chemical engineering laboratory.
- Familiarity with automation, computational chemistry and/or data analytics software such as LEA, Spotfire, Gaussian, and Dynochem.
- Familiarity with good laboratory notebook documentation.
- Familiarity with analytical instrumentation including HPLC, GC, and NMR spectroscopy.
- Research experience (academic lab work or industrial) in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Ability to work independently on research project - undergrad, masters or academia.
Conduct high-throughput experiments and assist in laboratory maintenance.
Employee Value Proposition:
Unique group, intersection of research and technology development.
- No research experience.
- Not comfortable working with chemicals.
- Not interested in hands on laboratory work.
- Not interested in technology or automation.
- Unwilling to abide by current COVID 19 guidelines including wearing a mask and abiding by social distancing policies on site.
Webex or Skype interview and, if promising, then a 30 min on-site interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.