IS Business Systems Analyst Senior Associate (JP7361)
Thousand Oaks, CA. (Onsite Essential)
6+ months (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring an IS Business Systems Analyst Senior Associate
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
The incumbent will be an ambitious member of Quality OIS - Lab Systems client facing Information Systems team and will be a contributor in determining secure and scalable solutions that improve critical business processes within the Product Monitor & Test service. The incumbent will collaborate with development teams and external suppliers to deliver, operate and continuously improve solutions in a manner that is scalable, secure, and aligns to standard methodologies. Activities include:
Why is the Position Open?
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities.
- Analyzes business partner’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications.
- Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
- May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Business Analysis skills (3-5 years of experience).
- Understanding and experience working with or configuring laboratory support systems such as Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Lab Execution Systems (LES) and/or Chromatography Data Systems (CDS) (3-5 years of experience).
- Appliance Support - laboratory (3-5 years of experience).
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communicator.
- Contribute to requirements management, process design, and software implementation.
- Engage business users to analyze business needs, elicit, refine and document business and solution requirements.
- Craft business process analysis artifacts, including use cases, user stories, process flows, project schedules.
- Work with multi-functional representatives across business partners to align processes.
- Work with development team by translating business requirements to technical specifications.
- Execute all facets of testing (e.g. Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Usability Testing, Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, Beta Testing).
- Provide critical thinking and strategic discernment to resolve significant technical challenges.
- Work with and or adapt to multiple project methodologies (e.g. Agile, Rational, Waterfall).
- Build productive working relationships with business clients.
Employee Value Proposition:
- 1-3 years experience in supporting and implementing Thermo LabSystems SampleManager at a global scale.
- Clear understanding of requirements management and business processes design.
- Working knowledge of laboratory information systems, lab execution systems and chromatography data systems.
- Understanding of and ability to work in Agile teams (SCRUM).
- Great teammate able to work with multi-functional teams, peer relationships, informing, understanding and appreciating differences.
- Ability to follow to SOPs, methodologies and policies.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set the context and present on complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in or ability to learn high level programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Visual Basic, .NET and VGL is a plus.
Work and support quality testing, making sure the products are produced with quality, fast-paced work environment, growing experience in large scale quality projects, excitement to be able to deliver and assuring getting the products out at the highest quality - growing their skill set - cross collaboration between 5-10 people
Video Skype Panel Interview:
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.