Occupational Health Nurse (JP7708)
Woburn, MA. 01801 (Onsite Essential)
Global Occupational Health
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Occupational Health Nurse
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
The purpose of the Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) is to maintain the health, safety, and productivity of client staff by providing and delivering safety programs and superior clinical services. The practice focuses on promotion of wellness, restoration of health, injury and illness prevention and protection of workers from work related hazards and exposures. The incumbent will possess an active registered nurse license and work in close collaboration with the client occupational health (OH) team.
The role is expected to function as a strategic partner to internal clients, to act as a resource and subject matter expert within the Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability organization, and as a champion of OH and wellness initiatives.
Why is the Position Open?
Restart of Woburn site
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Occupational health experience.
- Experience with workers comp.
- OSHA regulatory compliance experience.
- Accommodation and short or long-term disability benefit programs.
- Perform medical surveillance exams.
- Assess and provide referral for counseling and crisis intervention.
- Support health promotion and risk reduction lifestyle changes to lower risks of disease and injury.
- Assist with international travel health consultations.
- Perform phlebotomy, administer immunizations, and TB screening tests.
- Assist with OH supply management.
- Respond to site medical emergencies and support disaster preparedness activities.
- Recognize and identify hazards; monitor, evaluate and analyze hazards by assisting and investigating workplace exposures; utilize health and hazard data to select and implement measures to prevent, mitigate and control hazards.
- Support OH compliance with State, Federal, OSHA, and workers compensation compliance regulations as applicable.
- Comply with ethical, legal, professional requirements, corporate policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with client colleagues, patients, and OH partners.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Active registered nurse state license.
- 3-5 years of Occupational and Environmental Health experience, Biotech experience strongly preferred.
- COHN-S certification—preferred.
- Bachelor of Nursing degree—preferred.
- Experience in ambulatory care or emergency nursing – preferred.
- Audiometry and Spirometry Certification preferred.
- CPR/BLS Certification – required.
- Familiar with COVID processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and rapidly prioritize responsibilities in response to clinical need and staff population.
- Knowledge of OH and safety principles to establishing and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Experience with MAS workers compensation regulations and claim filing, case management, OSHA regulations, and maintaining OSHA records.
- Ability to perform audiometry and spirometry testing for medical surveillance programs.
- Computer literacy and use in Microsoft office, Excel, Tableau and Power Point.
- Competency with using electronic medical records systems.
Fast pace, team orientated, highly strategic.
Lack of RN, no occupational health experience, no license in MAS.
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.