: Senior Associate Scientist (JP7901)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 3 years
Job posting date
: 12 November 2020
Note: Onsite Essential
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Senior Associate Scientist for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- The successful candidate will perform sample preparation, testing, methods development and characterization using spectroscopic techniques such as Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, Circular Dichroism (CD) spectroscopy, and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy to support product and process characterization activities for protein biopharmaceutical products.
- The candidate should also have experience with HPLC of proteins and using quantitative PCR (qPCR) and immunoassays.
- Activities will include the characterizing of higher order structure and aggregation attributes for biologicals, the characterization of nucleic acids and the quantification of antibodies, and will be applied in comparability and similarity studies, technology development efforts, and in non-routine investigations.
- Other duties include sample preparation, complex data analyses, generation of technical documents and technical presentations, and setting of acceptance criteria in support of process development, process/method transfers, and comparability/similarity studies.
- The position requires demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other scientists, and to have the capacity to be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- M.S degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Physics or related discipline, OR
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Physics or related discipline with
- 3+ years’ work experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Two or more years of experience directly related to biophysical characterization in protein drug products, including the use of spectroscopic techniques such as FTIR, CD, and NMR spectroscopy for protein structure analysis.
- Hand-on experience with HPLC systems for the separation and characterization of proteins.
- Experience with qPCR to characterize and quantify nucleic acids, and the application of immunoassays for the detection and quantification of antibodies.
- Strong laboratory analytical skills, including routine testing as well as the design and execution of scientific experiments and interpretation of results.
- Experience developing, qualifying, and/or validating analytical methods, analyzing data, and setting acceptance criteria to support product comparability/similarity studies.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other scientists on multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Spectroscopic techniques such as FTIR, CD, and NMR spectroscopy for protein structure analysis. (1+ years of experience) (biophysical for protein categorization)
- Hand-on experience with HPLC systems for the separation and characterization of proteins. (1+ years of experience)
- Laboratory experience (industrial/academia)
- Experience with qPCR to characterize and quantify nucleic acids, and the application of immunoassays for the detection and quantification of antibodies. (impurities of antibodies)
Exciting role for protein structure categorization/analysis, supporting a great biotech/pharma company, involved in all phases of the project, growing their skill set in this role
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.