: Supply Chain Manager (JP8249)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 1 year with likely extension
Job posting date
Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Supply Chain Manager for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- 5+ years’ Service experience in a GMP and/or GDP regulated industry.
- Masters or Bachelors
- Guided by general policies and management guidance, independently determines approach to managing Customer Service daily operations for the region under responsibility.
- Ensure that supply activities performed by the Order Management to the Global Supply Hub North America (GSH NA) such as Order-to-Invoicing, Import/Export and Cold Chain Management are conducted in a cost-efficient way in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Drive efficiency and improvements in the management of Supply Chain functions under responsibility.
- Ensure compliance by following all current GDP/GMP requirements as well as Amgen multi-site and local procedures.
- Manage & perform customer service daily operations in the region of responsibility.
- Coordinate and execute supply activities performed by Order Management Team to the Global Supply Chain which include Order to invoicing, Import / Export and Cold Chain management.
- Accountable for monitoring the operational and tactical Order Management performance using appropriate key performance indicators.
- Ensures that all recurring critical processes (i.e. shipments, process checks, reporting) are planned and performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitors compliance with agreed processes and procedures. Ensures that process documentation is kept up-to-date.
- Drives continuous improvement of processes and procedures. Initiates and coordinates improvement initiatives. Works closely with peers, partners and counterparts (i.e. Finance, Commercial, Distribution site, LSP’s, TSP’s).
- Manages relevant interfaces between the internal and external functional groups involved in the supply chain at various management levels, including customer escalations.
- Initiate, participate & lead projects that lead to improvement at Amgen’s supply performance.
- Accomplishes results through coaching and directing professional team members. Applies MAP philosophy: tracks progress of team members on project goals, prepares and performs individual performance reviews, responsible for staff development.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for global supply hub distribution processes.
- Has awareness of federal and state regulatory rulings affecting transportation, shipping costs and services.
- Serve as a GSH NA resource and regional representative for special projects and initiatives.
- Support non-standard shift that maybe include overtime, extended hours and/or weekends, as per business needs.
- Shares responsibility with Corporate Planning, Distribution and Quality for developing and
executing disaster recovery plans.
- Reports investigate temperature excursion and nonconformance related to To-The-Market transportation.
- Education in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain / Materials Management or related areas.
- Master’s degree OR Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of Supply Chain / Customer Service experience in a GMP and/or GDP regulated industry.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of import / export procedures.
- Strong knowledge of cold chain management.
- Excellence in working with MS Office and experience with ERP system, preferably SAP.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to communicate at various levels.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Foster teamwork.
- Ability to set priorities and work under pressure.
- Fluency in English and region language (oral and written).
- Capable of demonstrate Amgen Values/Leadership Practices.
- One or more of the following certifications (desirable):
o Leadership curriculum
o Project Management
o Operational Excellence
Employee Value Proposition:
- Customer service
- Transportation management
- SAP & Smartsheet, system savvy
Opportunity to serve patients through Amgen's mission and values, exposure to leadership, cross functional relationships.
Unexplained gaps of employment, no GMP experience, no transportation background.
Phone and Video
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.