: Lab Manager (JP8317)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 24 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Lab Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Biotech/ Pharma industry required.
- Lab Supplier Performance Manager, R&D Operations will manage performance of lab supplier for our current COVID-19 Testing program and ensure HealthCare Associates (HCAs) are performing as required per the contract with the vendor.
- Individual in this role will report to the Senior Manager in Supplier Performance Management and be responsible for the testing program management activities and governance responsibilities including scheduling and leading functional oversight meetings with the vendor with regular touch bases to ensure operational excellence.
- Program management duties will also include collecting and reviewing data, preparing reports and analyses for review with leadership on suppier performance, financial/budget forecasting and additional activities related to the testing program.
- As this high visibility and fast-paced program is deployed across all US Amgen sites, demonstrated ability to manage multiple sites, address issues that arise within the program immediately through quick thinking and access to available resources, and ability resolve issues in a quick and timely manner with the supplier are key skill for success.
- Bachelors degree with a health or science related major and 5 YOE in medical/life sciences hands on experience.
- Masters degree preferred with 2 YOE
- Lab Testing/Lab Management or Phlebotomy Experience
- Supplier management experience, preferable with multi-site operational oversight with demonstrated ability to quickly address issues and escalate appropriately in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a disciplined manner as well as implement creative strategies in situations where limited standardization exists, experience with development of programmatic SOPs.
- Comfortable with data analysis and metrics (excel etc).
- Supervisory experience.
- Ensure appropriate governance and oversight of suppliers.
- Maximize the value obtained from partnerships with external providers at a program or supplier level.
- Facilitate supplier governance forums and activities.
- Develop effective partnerships with suppliers.
- Measure and report on supplier performance.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Ensure quality oversight of suppliers through.
- Providing ongoing governance oversight and encourage sharing of best practices and development of process improvements.
- Chairing and managing supplier governance meetings / Functional Management Teams.
- Working with suppliers and internal customers (typically up to Director level) to identify, manage, escalate and resolve issues related to supplier performance.
- Measuring supplier performance and reporting performance feedback to internal stakeholders and supplier.
- Ensure quality oversight of R&D Operations SPM - managed purchase orders (POs) through.
- PO lifecycle management: working with the COE to create PO requests through established financial processes, PO execution, ongoing budget review, and PO closure.
- Execute account activations and deactivations of R&D Operations SPM -managed suppliers.
- Identify functional best practices and process improvements and coordinate their development and implementation for suppliers by communicating and standardizing best practices across supplier types.
- Ensuring adherence to best practices by Amgen functional areas.
- Liaise with functional areas/ Amgen sites to ensure internal business needs are being met.
- Communication of Amgen decisions and best practices to suppliers.
- Escalation of relationship issues.
- Timely and accurate execution of R&D Operations SPM supplier oversight documents.
- Documentation of supplier governance level decisions made by the team.
- Supplier issue management and resolution, manage Feedback and respond as necessary
• Ability to work with and lead a team
• Relationship building skills & good cross functional collaboration
• Ability to keep the “big picture” in mind while dealing with the details
• Capable of creative problem solving
• Ability to envision and implement business process solutions
• Prioritizing competing objectives
• Working under multiple and competing deadlines
• Excellent organization skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Negotiation skills
• Experience working in a global, matrix organization
• Knowledge of GxP, FDA regulations and guidelines, and international regulatory requirements/guidelines
• Project management/project planning experience
• Proficiency in anticipating and resolving problems
• Experience writing and presenting clearly on scientific and clinical issues
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, supervisory skills
• Professional collaboration and leadership skills
- BA/BS/BSc in the sciences or RN
- 5 years’ work experience in life sciences or medically related field, including 2 years of biopharmaceutical clinical research experience ( clinical research experience obtained working on clinical trials at a biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company)
- Experience at, or oversight of, clinical research suppliers (CROs, central labs, imaging suppliers, etc.)
The person in this role will work with the COVID onsite testing program. You will have exposure to all US Amgen site. High visibility role.
No recent college graduates
No PHD candidates
Can interview 3-4 candidates per week via phone or video
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.