: Associate Scientist (JP8485)
South San Francisco, CA 94080
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
Note: Onsite Essential. Must be Local
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Associate Scientist for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
To underpin our commitment to bring safe and transformative medicines to patients, we are growing our highly innovative Molecular and Cellular Translational Safety group at the client. Our mission is to transform human risk assessment to optimize the discovery and development of vital therapeutics that improve patients' lives. To achieve this, we are applying a variety of human in vitro approaches (including human genetics along with cellular, molecular and structural biology techniques) to develop assays that can predict or elucidate mechanisms leading to drug safety issues. We are seeking a talented Associate Scientist with expertise in biochemistry and cell biology to join our growing group. The successful candidate will play a hands-on role in the lab.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Drive wet laboratory biochemistry and cell biology efforts focused on a) understanding the impact of candidate therapeutics on the activity of a variety of proteins and/or cellular functions, b) developing new biochemical or cellular assays to use in drug safety screening.
- Design, execute and troubleshoot a variety of biochemical and biophysical assays and approaches.
- Interface with scientists in medicinal chemistry, protein chemistry, and therapeutic discovery groups to develop tagged reagents or novel in vitro systems.
- Analyze, interpret, meticulously document and present data in group and department meetings.
- Assess new technologies and approaches that can be applied to further our research goals
- Master’s degree and 2 years of Scientific experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Scientific experience
- Master’s Degree with 3+ years of scientific experience
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of biochemical approaches to understand protein function with a particular focus on characterizing their inhibition or activation by small and large molecules.
- Experience in working with a variety of cell cultures, such as primary cells or various human cell lines, along with expertise in cellular functional endpoint measures in these systems.
- Experience in the synthesis and utility of tagged small molecule probes for the purification of interacting proteins.
- Proficiency with a variety of other molecular and cellular biology and biomarker techniques including PCR, molecular cloning, sequence analysis, ELISA, western blot etc.
- Ability to work independently in experimental design, execution and data analysis
- Comfort in working in a highly interactive and vibrant environment and a passion for teamwork
- Cell culture-5-7 years of experience
- Western blot-3 - 5 years of experience
- PCR, DNA/RNA extraction-2-3 years of experience
Employee Value Proposition
- Culture human cell lines for proteomics work to support new modalities (PROTAC and siRNA)
- Support safety issue resolution for our pipeline projects, using various biochemical approaches such as western blot, and PCR.
- Work in a team, by contributing experimental data to guide screening strategy for new modalities such as siRNA.
: Potential for extension. Experience with a vast global company.
1. Lack of productivity/hard work
2. Lack of timeliness
3. Lack of team spirits
4. Lack of communication
Two Webex interviews with manager.
Manager will also need to call candidate’s reference(s), up to 2.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.